Tofu Scramble Breakfast Burrito
This recipe uses a 1.5- to 2-quart slow cooker
- 1½ cups cooked or 1 15-oz can black beans,
- rinsed and drained
- 7 oz tofu, crumbled (no need to press)
- 2 Tbsp sautéed diced onions (you can use raw
- onions, but the onion flavor won’t meld in as well)
- 2 Tbsp green pepper, minced
- ¾ cup water
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 gluten free wraps
THE NIGHT BEFORE:
- Add all of the ingredients listed from black beans through smoked paprika and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
IN THE MORNING:
- Taste and add salt and pepper if necessary.
- If your tortillas are stiff, put them one at a time over the mixture in the slow cooker and steam them into submission.
- Spoon ¼ of the mixture onto the tortillas.
- Add any extras you’d like, roll up and serve.