Raw Buckwheat Breakfast Porridge
- 2 cups raw Buckwheat Groats, (note: this is not the same as Kasha) soaked in water for minimum of 1 hour or overnight
- 1.25 cups dairy free milk
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup liquid sweetener (use Agave if you want it raw) or to taste
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Chopped fruit or dried fruit (banana, Berries, kiwi, apple, peaches, nectarines, raisins, mango, etc)
- Chopped nuts and or seeds (I used almonds)
- Nut Butter or ABU
- Toasted coconut, chocolate chips, etc
- In a bowl, pour 2 cups of raw buckwheat groats and 4 cups of water. Soak for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- After soaking, rinse well in a strainer several times.
- Place buckwheat groats in food processor or blender, along with the milk, chia seeds, and vanilla. Process until combined and slightly smooth.
- Add in the sweetener and cinnamon to taste.
- Scoop into bowls or parfait glasses and add your desired toppings & mix-ins. Serve immediately cold.
- Place leftovers into fridge and enjoy for the next few days.
- Makes 4 cups