- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
- 2 – 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet bell pepper (green, red, or yellow)
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups cooked brown rice/quinoa/other grain
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Bragg Liquid Amino
- 1/2 – 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 package Vegan Chroizo Sausage (optional not gf)
- Steamed veggies of your choice
- Warm up the oil in a skillet over medium heat and onion and cook until translucent. Add the brown sugar and raise the heat a bit and cook until the onions take on a caramelized look, nice and browned on the edges. Remove from heat.
- Add the chopped garlic, peppers, and celery and stir.
- Add the rice, seasonings, chopped tomatoes, Bragg and vegetable stock and stir until well combined. Place the skillet back on the burner and heat it up to medium heat again.
- Add the sausage. Bring this to a simmer and then reduce heat to low.
- In the meantime steam the veggies of your choosing and serve them over the warm Vegan Jambalaya.