Raw Korean BBQ Tacos
For the Korean BBQ mushroom marinade:
- 1/4 cup chili paste
- 3/8 cup agave nectar, maple syrup and honey
- 2 Tablespoons tamari
- 2 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 Tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 portobello cap, gills removed and sliced into long strips.
- Blend until smooth, and set aside until ready to use.
For the walnut chorizo:
- 1 cup walnuts, pieces or chips
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped finely
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cumin seed
- 1 Tablespoon tamari
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, red or cayenne
- 3/4 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dark or light organic agave syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pulse walnuts in the food processor until crumbly.
- Remove from the food processor and place in a mixing bowl. Mix well with other ingredients by hand.
For the collard leaf taco shells:
- 4-6 collard leaves
- With a 3″-4″ ring mold or plate, cut the collard leaves into circles.
For the guacamole:
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 onion, minced
- Pinch salt
- Juice of ½ lime
- Mash all ingredients together with a fork or whisk.
To assemble the tacos:
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 3 scallions, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup kimchee
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Using the collard greens as taco shells, build the tacos as desired with a little guacamole, walnut chorizo, kimchee and Korean BBQ marinated portobellos.
- Garnish with scallion, cilantro, red cabbage and lime.